Professional Development Options for Staff During NTI Days
1. KDE Standards Webinar- 3 HOURS per KDE **REQUIRED FOR ALL CERTIFIED EMPLOYEES**
This is our first required webinar regarding the new standards. It may not specifically address your content area, but there is something that everyone can take away.
- Please complete this sometime next week during NTI days 6-10. (March 20-April 3, 2020)
- Document it as 3 hours on your form that Mr. Massey sent out.
- Send your completed worksheets in with your workday documentation next Friday.
The video is located on this YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIIKmgP9puw&feature=youtu.be
Documents needed to complete the PD- Model Curriculum and Participant Handout
2. Robertson County Google Cohort Google Classroom Assignments- **REQUIRED FOR CERTIFIED AND CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES**
Ms. Holly will send you a classroom code to join. Ms. Holly, Billie Jo Gifford and Patti Oakley Depriest (Murrary State EduKate Academy Professor) will facilitate.
3. ACT Resources- Optional for Certified Employees
Resources for Students, Parents, and Educators
ACT Bootcamp—Join expert instructors as students learn how to tackle some of the most common question types on the ACT.
- Wednesday, April 29 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. ET | Register
Studying for the ACT: How to Stay Motivated—Click the livestream at these times:
- Wednesday, April 1 | 7 – 8:30 p.m. ET | Livestream
- Saturday, April 4 | 1 – 2:30 p.m. ET | Livestream
ACT Prep Class—Help students succeed on the ACT Reading test.
- Saturday, April 18 | 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM ET | Register
4. KySpin Webinars- Optional for Certified AND Classified Employees
5. KDE Family Math Night- Optional for Certified or Classified Employees
-Document as one hour on your workday documentation form as KDE Family Math Night Webinar.
6. March 2020 Kentucky Special Education Cooperatives Online PD- Optional for Certified or Classified Employees
7. Childcare Council of KY Training- Optional for Certified or Classified Employees
At this site, there are two options....one for online and one for webinar. The online provides live training and the webinars are recorded.
8. Summer Slugger Program- targeted to Grades 4 and 5 Teachers
Click here for more info.
9. Resilience Documentary: Free Virtual Screening- Optional for Certified and Classified Employees
4/9/205:00 AM4/10/205:00 AM EDT
This critically acclaimed documentary chronicles a new movement among pediatricians, therapists, educators and communities who are using cutting-edge brain science to disrupt cycles of violence, addiction and disease.
The Biology of Stress & the Science of Hope is the latest from documentary director-producer James Redford and Executive Producer Karen Pritzker.
The viewing window will
- Open at 5 a.m. ET on Thursday, April 9, 2020
- Close at 5 a.m. ET on Friday, April 10, 2020.
Registration Deadline: 5 p.m. ET, Tuesday, April 7, 2020
10. Mental Health and Developmental Disability National Training Center- Optional for Certified and Classified Employees
The UK Human Development Institute- HDI is part of the Mental Health and Developmental Disability National Training Center. We have 8 online modules on mental health and DD, around disability, autism, intellectual disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD, and mental health therapy.
They are free and available at: https://mhddcenter.org/learn-now/
11. Edmentum- Optional for Certified and Classified Employees
To support you and your educators during the global pandemic, Edmentum is offering pre-recorded webinars:
-How to Support Your Students During School Closures
-How Educators Can Support Parents and Other Caregivers While Making the Transition to Online Learning
-How Teachers Can Support Special Education Students in Online Learning
12. i-Ready Virtual Sessions- Optional for Certified and Classified Employees
i-Ready Online Instruction as well as both Ready Classroom Mathematics and Ready Mathematics when combined with i-Ready – register here.
13. School Violence Prevention from SafeSchools- Optional for Certified and Classified Employees
14. Homelessness During Covid-19- Optional for Certified and Classified Employees
Thursday, April 9, 2020, 4:00 – 5:00PM ET
Virtual Conversation #4 with SHC on COVID-19: Questions, Strategies, and Information
Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 1:00 – 2:15PM ET
Back to Basics: College Students Experiencing Homelessness
Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 2:00 – 3:15PM ET
FERPA and Students Experiencing Homelessness
Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 3:00 – 4:15PM ET
Undocumented Students Experiencing Homelessness
15. Financial Wellness: Budgeting- Optional for Certified and Classified Employees
Need help creating a budget? Sign up for our FREE retirement webinar
Knowing where your money is going and how to control it can be difficult. Let us help you learn how to assess your current financial situation and create a simple budgeting strategy to help you reach your goals.
Join us for our upcoming Financial Wellness/Budgeting presentation. Here we will focus on some key strategies:
- Determine whether you need a spending plan
- Define your spending habits
- Learn about plugging leaks
- Track your spending
- Plan a strategy around your savings
- Learn about debt reduction
- Define a monthly budgeting strategy
Wednesday, April 22nd @ 11am Eastern time
16. KEA Webinars- Optional for Certified and Classified Employees
If the Webinar or Online PD does NOT have a certificate or other form of proof, please fill this form out and attach it to your workday documentation.