Bylaws of the Robertson County High School Chapter of The National Senior Beta Club
- This chapter of the National Beta club will meet once a month during RTI (mandatory unless it is approved by sponsor) and possibly once a month after school. If you cannot meet during RTI, you must make arrangements to meet after school if you plan to remain a member of Beta Club. There will be alternate meeting for college and vocational students.
- The members will consist of grades 9-12.
- The scholastic requirements for membership will be a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- The officers to be elected each year for this club will be president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, reporter and service project leader. To be an officer, a student must have at least a 3.25 GPA.
- A member must complete 30 service hours per year to remain in the club. A minimum of 5 hours may be to help a family member. Doing chores around the house does not count as service hours. If you are having trouble coming up with hours, see Mrs. Stewart. Don’t wait until March to try to get them all finished. Ten of those hours must be finished by Christmas break. All members are required to do the following:
- At least two service projects as a group (for example, trash pick-up, Halloween carnival, Fair week activities, etc.)
- All fundraisers
- Clean bleachers after ballgames, at least 3 games (see Mrs. Stewart to sign up)
- If a student is dropped from membership, it should be reported to the National Beta Club office immediately. If the student is reinstated, he or she will not be required to pay the national membership fee again.
A member may be dropped from membership for the following reasons:
- Failure to meet all the requirements for service projects/service hours.
- Absence without justifiable reason from 2 or more regular meetings.
- Must participate in all fundraisers.
- Scholastic record falls below a 3.0 average. However, no member will be dropped for scholastic deficiency without being accorded a probationary period of one semester.
- For moral or disciplinary reasons. If you are suspended or expelled from school, you will be dropped from Beta.
- Final decisions go through the sponsor
- The national dues for the National Beta Club (only a one time fee) will be $15.
- The local dues for the Robertson County Beta Club will be $10 each year.
I have read, understand and agree to these Bylaws for the Robertson County High School Chapter of The National Beta Club. I understand that if I do not meet ALL requirements as stated above, my Beta club membership will be revoked.