Robertson County High School
Mrs. Catherine Stewart
Policies/Procedures: All rules as stated in the student handbook and any others passed by the school will be followed including:
- Be in your seats and ready to start class as soon as the bell rings.
- Sharpen pencils before the bell rings.
- Start on bell work or notes.
- Use restroom before class.
- Talk only when permitted to and not while the teacher is teaching class.
- Please do not get out of your seat without permission (it becomes a distraction for the rest of the class).
- Please do not go behind the teacher’s desk or touch anything on the teacher’s desk without permission. Do not sit in the teacher’s seat!
- Clean up any messes you make. Take all your trash with you or put it in the trash can on the way out. OR You will no longer be allowed to have food or drinks in my classroom. NO open containers, please.
Materials needed: All donations of tissues, paper towels and dry erase markers are appreciated.
- Pencils only--no pens (assignments will not be accepted in ink unless specified)
- 2 inch Three-ring binder with loose-leaf paper and dividers
- Loose leaf graph paper
- Scientific calculator (Algebra 1 and Geometry)
- Graphing Calculator (Algebra 2)
The following items are appreciated by not mandatory. Students use these items and I have to replace them.
Tissues Hand sanitizer
Dry erase markers Paper towels
Criteria for grades:
***It is very important that you show all your work on all assignments, quizzes, and tests. You will not get full credit if you do not show all your work.
Homework Assignments: Assignments will be given daily to practice new material and/or to extend learning. These assignments are to be completed on time (turned in by the beginning of class on the due date). Assignments will not be collected daily but will be collected at random. They should be neatly completed with name, date, and page numbers on them. NO late assignments will be excepted unless you have an excused absence. Homework, as well as all other work, should be completed in pencil. Any assignment completed in pen will not be accepted and will have to be rewritten in pencil. So make certain that you use a pencil at all times. All homework should be placed in the designated area (when collected). Homework will not always count as a grade. I will randomly collect homework and count it as a quiz grade; therefore, it is very important that you do ALL assignments because you will not know when I will collect them. Students learn by doing, thus homework is the most important part of learning math.
Classwork: includes bell work, note taking, group work, board work, exit slips and anything else asked of you during class. I will randomly check notebooks as I walk around the classroom while you take notes. Classwork will not be calculated into the class grade but it is important to do and listen so you will understand how to do it on a quiz or test.
Assessments: Quizzes and Tests = 100% of your grade
Quizzes: There will be homework quizzes, pop quizzes, and announced quizzes. Possibly, once or twice a week, depending on what is covered. I will occasionally use homework problems on quizzes, so it is very important that you do your own work so that you are well prepared for the quiz or test. There will usually be no review time for quizzes, if you have questions over homework ask!
- Homework quizzes are homework assignments that will count as a quiz. These will not always be announced. When I collect homework I will announce that this will count as a quiz.
- Pop quizzes are unannounced quizzes. You will come into class and take a quiz with no warning.
- Announced quizzes are quizzes that are announced a day or two before the quiz.
Tests: One test after each chapter (maybe one in the middle of the chapter, depending on how long the chapter is). We will review one day before each test.
End of Nine Weeks Test: At the end of each nine weeks, there will be a test over everything that we have covered up to that point. That means everything that we have covered since the beginning of the school year.
**Some things in this syllabus are subject to change throughout the school year.
Parents: Please do not hesitate to call me at school or stop by during my planning if you have any questions any time during the year.
You may reach me at school during my planning: ___________ or after school. I am usually at school until 4 pm almost every day.
Please sign below and keep in your data notebook.
I have read and agree to the syllabus for this class.
_________________________Student’s name(printed) ______________________________Student’s signature
_________________________Parent’s name(printed) ________________________________Parent’s signature
I am including an index card. Please include any information I should know and your contact information such as email, phone number, do you text, etc.
Please return the index card to Mrs. Stewart.