Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old;
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- A registered voter in the district and voter precinct(s) of the Robertson County Educational Division #4.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate;
- Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws;
- Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools;
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district;
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports;
- Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.
Applications should be completed and mailed by June 21, 2017.
Interviews will be scheduled approximately 6-10 working days after this date. All qualified applications received before interviews are scheduled will be considered. Application forms for this position are available from:
All applications must be mailed directly to:
Commissioner of Education
300 Sower Blvd. 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601